Based in Thornbury Ontario Canada, NRG Resources Inc. became federally incorporated in 2003. A new company, NRG grew out of a sole-proprietorship, Fuel Safe, and is built upon years of experience in the fuel-fired appliance service industry and training industry.
The owner of NRG Resources Inc., Rod Corea, actively organizes and works with a network of industry experts to solve clients needs related to fuel equipment and fuel training across Canada.
Rod is a Gas Technician 1, Oil Burner Technician 1, Liquid Propane Fitter and Petroleum Mechanic 1/2/3 certificate holder with 40 years experience in the oil and gas industry – 12 years of which he was employed at the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) as a Fuels Safety Inspector, Training Program Developer, and Training Consultant. He has taught technical training courses to over 7,000 technicians.
Rod has written or co-written and delivered the following training programs:
- Gas Technician 1 Manual and Training Program
- Gas Technician 2 Manual and Training Program
- Gas Technician 3 Manual and Training Program
- Gas Pipe Fitter Manual and Training Program
- Union Gas G.3, GP, GUT-2, GUT-1 Training Programs
- Oil Burner Technician Manuals for the Oil Institute of Learning
- OBT-3/-2 Manual and Training Program for Skilled Tradespersons
- Oil Pipe Training Manual for Mechanical Contractors Association of Ontario
- Fuel Gas Safety Course and IMT Training Programs for Ontario Power Generation
- Gas Technician Update Workshop Handbook for CSA / TSSA
- Oil Burner Technician Update Workshop Handbook for TSSA
- Home Study Video Program for Oil Burner Technician Update Workshop
- The Fuel Safe Manual: A Handbook for the Fuels Safety Workshop
- Foreman Course for the National Association of Union Schools and Colleges (NAUSC)
- Steward Course for the National Association of Union Schools and Colleges (NAUSC)
- P.I.P.E.S. Rigging Course for the National Association of Union Schools and Colleges (NAUSC)
NRG Resources also provides consultation services including safety audits, training assessments, and development of preventative maintenance procedures and check lists. See the NRG Resources Inc. Instructor Profile for Rod Corea here.