About G.1 Gap Course
TSSA has authorized NRG Resources to offer a G.1-GAP course recognized as the equivalent to the 500-hour prerequisite under the direct supervision of a Gas Technician 1 certificate holder required for enrollment into a G.1 training course.
Upon completion of this course you are required to enroll in a full G.1 course within 18 months. Failure to do so voids the approval to use the G.1 Gap course as the equivalent to the 500-hour prerequisite. The G.1 Gap course cannot be used to challenge the G.1 training requirements.
Our G.1 GAP course does not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005. Contracts under this arrangement are signed by third party payers/employers and not with the general public.
G.1 Gap Course Outline
Topics for Study
- Review of the TSSA Act and Regulations regarding G.1 work
- Gas Piping System for Industrial and Commercial Applications
- Valve Train Components
- Commercial/Industrial Burners
- Commercial/Industrial Appliances
- Venting and Air Supply
- Appliance Controls
- Flame Safety Controls
- Combustion Setup
Successful Completion Requirements
- At least 90% attendance (100% expected)
- A mark of 75% or greater on the exam written on the last day of the course.
- An average score of 75% or higher on the practical exercises conducted throughout the course.
A Record of Course Completion is issued by NRG Resources Inc upon successful completion of the course. This document states that you have the equivalent 500 hours required to enrolling in a G.1 course. This letter must be presented to the Training Provider upon enrollment into a full G.1 course with 18 months of completing the G.1 Gap Course. This document is not valid for challenging the G.1 training course.
- One G.1 Gap Course is offered per calendar year.
- For 2019, the course will be held on: October 19 to 26 and November 23 to 30, 2019
- For 2020, the course will be held on: October 17 to 24 and November 14 to 21, 2020
Sixteen days (125 hours) in two 8-day sessions (Saturday to the following Saturday) with four weeks between sessions. Includes theory, practical, and final exam.
Tuition – $2400.00
Manuals – $200.00
Total Cost = $2400.00 plus 13% HST + $200 plus 5% HST = $2,922.00