NRG Resources Instructor Profile for Rod Corea
CERTIFICATES / DIPLOMAS
Gas Technician 1 Oil Burner Technician 1 BA University of Western Ontario
Liquid Propane Fitter Petroleum Mechanic 1/2/3
TRAINING PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE
Co-developer and co-author of the following publications:
- Gas Technician Update Workshop Handbook for CSA / TSSA
- Oil Burner Technician Update Workshop Handbook for TSSA
- Oil Burner Technician Manuals for the Oil Institute of Learning
- Oil Pipe Training Manual for Mechanical Contractors Association of Ontario
- Foreman Course for the National Association of Union Schools and Colleges (NAUSC)
- Steward Course for the National Association of Union Schools and Colleges (NAUSC)
- P.I.P.E.S. Rigging Course for the National Association of Union Schools and Colleges (NAUSC)
Author / Developer of:
- Gas Technician 1 Manual and Training Program
- Union Gas G.3, GP, GUT-2, GUT-1 Training Programs
- Fuel Gas Safety Course and IMT Training Programs for Ontario Power Generation
- Home Study Video Program for Oil Burner Technician Update Workshop
- The Fuel Safe Manual: A Handbook for the Fuels Safety Workshop
- Oil Pipe Fitter Manual and training program for the Ontario Pipe Trades Council
- Petroleum Mechanic 4 Manual and training program for TS Technical College
- OBT-3/-2 Manual and Training Program for Skilled Tradespersons
TRAINING DELIVERY EXPERIENCE
August 1, 2003 to present, NRG Resources Inc., President
- Formed this federally incorporated training and consulting business to serve the fuel equipment and fuel training needs of the hydrocarbon fuel industry
- Delivered IMT certification and non-certification courses for: Algoma Steel, Ball Packaging, Barrie Wastewater, Bartek Ingredients, Bruce Power, Canada Malting, Chrysler, Cintas, City of Guelph, City of Napanee, Comcor Environmental, Con Cast Pipe, District School Board of Niagara, Dofasco, Essar Steel, Flakeboard, Halton Region, Honda, IKO Industries, Invista Canada, Irving Tissue, Kellogg’s, Kingston Wastewater, Kraft, Lafarge, London Transit, Maple Leaf Foods, Niagara Region, Northland Power, Ontario Power Generation, Oxy Vinyl, Peel Region, Pilkington Glass, Riello Burners, Schneider Foods, Steam Engineering, Stelco, Thermogenics, Toyota, Trane Canada, Trillium Lakelands School Board, UBE, Union Gas, Utilities Kingston, Watchtower, Waterloo Region, Weishaupt Burners, Wescast, UWO, Vale Canada, Veolia Water, & Yukon Government.
- Delivered over 60 G.1 Courses at JTAC UA 787 in Brampton and TS Technical College in Waterloo
Revised and updated Modules 1 to 24 for the 4th Edition of CSA’s Gas Training Manuals in 2010/11
- Organized and taught over 100 Update Workshops to over 1500 Gas and Oil Technicians
Developed and delivered gas and oil training equipment and programs for other training providers
1996 to 2003, Fuel Safe Training, President / Instructor
- Develop and deliver IMT certification courses for Alcan, Canadian Wire, and Gerdau Courtice Steel.
Organize and deliver over 80 Fuels Safety Workshop training sessions to over 1800 gas technicians.
1999 to 2003, TSSA Training Services
- Delivered pilot training programs and train-the-trainer courses for OBT & Gas Technician Update Workshops
Delivered pilot training programs for Oil Burner 3 and 2 training programs at Kemptville College
1993 to 1996, Conestoga College, Instructor
- Part-time instructor for certification courses for approximately 1000 gas, propane, and oil technicians.
GAS AND OIL INDUSTRY WORK EXPERIENCE
1991 to 2003, TSSA Senior Fuels Safety Inspector and Training Consultant
- Inspection duties involved monitoring for and enforcing compliance with the Energy Act in the Counties of Grey, Bruce, Wellington, and Waterloo. Duties included investigation of fires, explosions, and spills as well as consumer complaints and contractor audits. Conducted investigations and participated in court actions.
Training Consultant duties involved writing technical training programs and conducting assessment and audits on industries requiring fuels training. Participated in the development of various regulations.
1981 – 1991, Independent Gas and Oil Technician
- Install and service a wide variety of appliances, mostly commercial/industrial for various clients